How to store summer tires in winter.
- Carefully wash and dry the rubber. It is desirable to treat rubber by special aerosol, which largely will slow the formation of bonds in the rubber molecules.
- It is advisable to pack each wheel in the special case or bag. In this case, the rubber will not feel the effect of solar radiation and high humidity.
- Keep tires in a dry, cool, dark place.
- Tires without disks should be stored in an upright position, they can’t be put on top of each other or hang. Furthermore, once a month bus tires must be rotated to the load point was not always in the same place. Never put something heavy on them.
- Keep tires with wheels can be horizontally (put as “pit”) or in a suspended position, they can’t be placed vertically. As for the pressure it is recommended to deflate tires on 50% during the storage.
- Before laying tires on storage, be sure to pay attention to the shelf life of the tire. Often, it is 5 years.
If it has expired, you will have to get rid of them, because their continued operation would be extremely undesirable.